Monday, December 15, 2008

My first official post!

I have never posted a blog before so please bear with me.
I was laid off from the restaurant that I was working at. This is nothing new; it
happened a few months ago. I have tried to get a new job off and on since then. It seems to be impossible. The restaurant that laid me off closed like a week ago and let go of their last 10-11 employees.
I have a friend in San Diego that I chat with online. He has his Bachelors degree and can't find a job in San Diego, Orange or LA county. He is considering a position teaching English in S Korea. A friend of mine that is about my age went and took the first step in signing up for the Navy today because he can't find a decent job in this area either. He, BTW, was a co-manager at the restaurant I worked at.
Another friend of mine that is about age is talking about rejoining the Army because he is a certified welder and can't find a job welding. Instead he is an airplane fueler at LAX. My point is that our economy is in the toilet and I am up the creek. But I am not alone. This problem is spread far and wide. GM is talking about closing the majority of their plants. CRAZY!!

Being unemployed I find myself with a lot of free time. I play with my cat Sammy a lot.
He is fat so I try to get him playing for exercise. I take a lot of bike rides on the strand here in Hermosa also which I have come to truly enjoy every time what with all the beautiful scenery and people. I try to catch the sunset from our roof as often as I can .I have started a big list of things I want to do around the house and I have checked quite a few things off. I spend a lot of time just hanging out with all my other unemployed friends. Mostly I just watch tv and play around online. It's rather depressing actually. Thus far today nobody has been by and I have not left the house. Furthermore I see no reason that I will after 8:30 at night. I have two more full days alone before Pete comes home. I may lose my mind if I dont go out and interact with somebody tommorow. I'll at least go for a ride on the strand.
I guess thats all I can offer for today. Let me know what you think. If anybody actually reads this blog that is to say.

2 comments:

"Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife said...

I love all of your pictures. It looks like a big beautiful house that you live in.
I have no comment on the economy thing- i have no idea what to think or say as for your blog yay

Redhoodoos said...

Cody has a blog!!! Woohoo.

I"m so jealous of your views. You guys have sunshine!!! The snow has started for us and it's just too cold for my liking!

I think with Obama as president - and with the economic team he has organized - things will look up. I worry about Todd's job all the time. Hang in there.